“Financial Incentives to mothers who deliver a Girl Child” (MAMTA).
The Govt. of Goa had launched a scheme “Financial Incentives to mothers who delivers a girl child “MAMTA” w.e.f. 1.4.2011. The amended Scheme is made effective with effect from 1st April 2015. The Scheme is applicable to mother who deliver a live girl child (maximum 02 deliveries) in the registered medical institution. Under the Scheme an amount of Rs. 10000/- shall be paid to all the mothers who delivers a girl child in the registered medical institution.
Objective of the Scheme:
The scheme is aimed at improving the female Child Sex ratio in the State.
ICDS block office in respective Taluka at Anganwadi Centres.
Eligibility and other Condition:
- All mothers who deliver a live girl Child (maximum 02 deliveries) in the registered medical institution.
- The Scheme is available to all irrespective of their social / economical status.
- The mother should be resident of Goa for at least three years or married to a resident of Goa (document to that effect to be submitted).
- The eligible mother who delivers a girl child shall apply to the Child Development Project Officer through the local Anganwadi Centre along with a copy of the Birth report/Birth Certificate in the prescribed form within 45 days of the delivery of the girl Child. The benefits are directly credited to the declared Bank Account.
- The beneficiaries (mother) under the Scheme shall be paid Rs. 10000/- as one time financial incentive through Electronic Clearing System (ECS)/ National Electronic Funds Transfer (NEFT) /Aadhaar Payment Bridge System (APBS)/ Automated Clearing House (ACH) at birth of a live Girl Child. (Apply within 45 days).
- Those beneficiaries who were paid the 1st Installment of Rs. 5000/- under the existing scheme shall be eligible for only balance amount (2nd installment) of Rs. 5000/- (to apply within 45 days from the date of the Amended Scheme published in the official Gazette).
- Those beneficiaries who had applied for 1st Installment of Rs. 5000/- as on the date of this Amended Scheme published in the Official Gazette shall be eligible for Rs. 10,000/- as per the amended scheme.
- Those beneficiaries who were paid both 1st and 2nd Installments shall not be eligible for any further incentives/benefit under the amended scheme and case shall be treated as closed.
The eligible mothers who deliver a girl child shall apply to the Child Development Project Officer through the Anganwadi Worker along with a copy of the Birth report/Birth Certificate and relevant documents in the prescribed form, attached to the Scheme within 45 days of the delivery of the girl Child.